At this point in time medicinal cannabis is being legalized and decriminalized faster and faster. Making it prescription only medicine is viewed positively by the US government and people. Being legalized as medicine or legalized overall in many countries and states in USA, there are still counterarguments why pot should not be legal. So what are the positives and negatives of medical cannabis?
The Positives of medical cannabis:
- Cannabis reduces nausea and is very helpful in cancer treatment, due to chemo making patients nauseous.
- Helps people in treating and managing multiple sclerosis.
- Helps with appetite in people with anorexia.
- Helps with chronic pain.
- There is a lot of research data to back marijuanas medicinal qualities.
- Scientists find cannabis helps with lung functionality in long time smokers.
- There are other good qualities of marijuana besides medicinal, for example hemp
The Negatives of Cannabis
For each individual who is for making medical cannabis legal, there is someone who is against it. Why they think it should stay the way it is:
- Has a bad impact on memory, particularly on short term memory.
- Smoke harms users lungs.
- Not enough research has been done on some aspects of marijuana.
- Any substance can be abused.
- Smoking marijuana can cause cancer.
- It is dangerous to use marijuana and drive, you are twice as likely to get into a car accident when under the influence.